In this episode, Staci Hegarty, IpX’s Global Director of Equity & Inclusion, takes on questions from listeners and our community on issues surrounding diversity, equity, racism, inclusion, biases, and invisible diversity. Staci addresses questions concerning:
· The true meaning of privilege as an unearned advantage that removes obstacles others face
· The difference between equality and equity
· The importance of inclusion in diversity efforts
· The reality of the “American Dream” for many
· The notion of colorblindness and the need to acknowledge ones’ different experiences
· How to acknowledge you own biases and intentionally change your way of thinking
· The need to recognize and accommodate invisible disabilities
Connect with IpX to learn more about how our RISE platform helps companies make a commitment to promote diversity, inclusion, equity and create an environment where your people are empowered to driving change and innovation. https://ipxhq.com/
Reference: “Beware the Echo Chamber” Blog Post by Michael Benning https://ipxhq.com/blog/beware-the-echo-chamber-id-28
Stay in touch with us!
Follow us on social: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook
Contact us for info on IpX or for interest in being a podcast guest: firstname.lastname@example.org
All podcasts produced by Elevate Media Group.